Friday, February 6, 2009

Today's Menu from Amalfi Restaurant

By Frances Chu

When I got to our meeting place at the Briarcliff Manor Recreation Center today, owner Maria and Juan the chef of Amalfi Restaurant were just delivering our lunch. It consists of:

Cheese Tortellini in Brodo with Spinach Soup
Caesar Salad
Caprese of homemade Fresh Mozzarella, Roasted Peppers & Plum Tomatoes
Cheese Ravioli with Due Funghi Sauce
Chicken Scarpariello
Fresh Vegetable Trio
Hot Homemade Rolls
Tira Misu

The soup not just smelled so good, but it was most delicious, just what we need for a freezing cold day. The Caesar Salad was at their usual best. We voted The Due Funghi Sauce as our new favorite for the day. Every course was perfectly prepared and I no longer mind that I have to help with the setup and bringing my plate back to the kitchen after we finished eating. Today, I even helped myself for a big serving of Amalfi’s famous homemade dessert -- Tira Misu. Yummy!

Frances
###