Thursday, June 6, 2019

This Friday June 7, 2019


Hi Everyone,

Wow can you believe it…June is already here! Time to get ready for some vacation time!

Last week Marc Ferris was our guest speaker. I was away so I cannot share about his presentation. If you were not able to be present, you could ask Rachel or other members who were there, to learn about his talk.

This Friday we have a really interesting speaker, Jim Lloyd. Jim is a professor at SUNY Polytechnic Institute in Albany. Prior to being a professor he was a 
Reliability Scientist for the Semiconductor industry for over 40 years. But that is not what he will be sharing with us. Here is what he will presenting:

In 1986, I re-enacted the first flight across the United States in an ultralight made to look like the original Wright EX that performed the feat 75 years earlier in 1911.  The flight took two months to complete.  I had many of the same problems Cal Rodgers, the original pilot did in 1911 and a few of my own.  Like 2.5 engine failures.  Sound bite was “I met a lot of bad weather and good people all across the country”.  I will be presenting a slide show and a lecture about the flight.

I meet Jim a few years ago and I promise you will be inspired by this very interesting man! Please come and help Jim feel welcomed. I am hoping he will be inspired enough to become our club member.

Mark J
“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.” 
― 
Rumi