Friday, December 14, 2018

This Friday

Hi All,

Happy Holidays to everyone! I hope you are having a great time celebrating with family and friends.

This past Friday, Chris DiSisto, from Ivy Rehab at Club Fit, was our guest speaker. I was not present, but I heard that his talk was helpful to all and prompted many good questions. My own experience with Chris and his staff, as a patient, was top notch, and I highly recommend them if you ever need such services. 

This Friday Julie Schwietert Collazo will be sharing about her immigration work. Here is a short bio: 
Julie Schwietert Collazo is a former social worker and creative arts therapist, turned writer-editor-translator, who holds a BA in English and Women's Studies from Emory, an MSW from NYU, and who has completed doctoral work in Spanish at Centro de Estudios Avanzados in Puerto Rico. She is the co-founder of Immigrant Families Together, which to-date has bonded out 58 family members from immigration detention since June 25, 2018.

Due to my work schedule, I will not be there tomorrow. Rachel, our President Elect, will once again lead the meeting. Thank you, Rachel!

Mark J.